Monday 29 July 2013

And then there were 6

Quite by chance, I discovered that using the Booking.com app on my phone, I could actually see room availability for July next year. Wasting no time, I have managed to book another 5 hotels, though two are not the originals I had identified. Whether they are fully booked or just don't accept bookings that far ahead, I'm still not sure but I will check them out on the PC, as we move into August. The beauty of B.com is that you have free cancellation on these places, so if I change my mind or find something different/better, it's a simple task to cancel, without it costing me/us anything.

The planning was hard enough but having to rethink because of lack of accommodation, is a real pain. It doesn't help that hotels with twin rooms seem to be in the minority. Now don't get me wrong, I am more than comfortable with my own sexuality and I love these guys but I don't really want to be spooning with them in a series of double beds the entire tour!

One of the worst places I've found for availability and twin rooms, is the South Tyrol. It's been so hard to find anything, I have considered staying (and booked a hotel) in Innsbruck. It would make that day fairly short and the next subsequently longer but not massively. It might even give us time to do some sightseeing in Innsbruck, rather than just riding through/around. Alternatively, there is the option to ride further the first day and then have time to relax by Lake Garda by arriving earlyish the next.

Whatever I decide, I know the Hogs will be right behind me....not in bed though, eh!


1 comment:

  1. Relaxing at Lake Garda with a pint or two, is not a bad idea Woody.

    ReplyDelete