Friday 23 August 2013

Call me thick......

but all from the very start of this tour, through the planning process, the opening of the blog, sorting the route, etc, etc, it never entered my head, that next year is the 100th anniversary of the First World War.  Not until my brother Paul mentioned he was planning a memorial trip over to Corbie, near Amiens, in the Somme region of France, to pay his respects to one of the Devall fallen, had I given it a thought.

Having given it thought though, the mind has cranked into overdrive (slight exaggeration maybe) and I have, with the blessing of my fellow Hogs, amended our route slightly, so I too can pay my respects to, not one but two Devalls, unlucky enough to lose their lives fighting for King and Country in the Great War.

Seems quite ridiculous that I never thought of this before, so thanks to Paul for sowing the seed. As Dudley put it, it is the 'wholly appropriate' thing to do.

Lest we Forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment