Saturday 24 August 2013

Keeping the show on the road

That means, finding regular watering holes for our steeds. As with the Reservoir Hogs Tour of 2012, I shall be looking to stop for fill ups around every 150 miles. Dudley's Harley only has a tiny peanut style tank, so we are restricted to what he can do on a tank full. I'm not too sure about the other two Hogs but, as those who have followed the Ashes Tour blog will know, I can easily get 200 out of the Sprint. For me then it'll be a case of little and often!

I've started to take a look and already this looks like being a task as equally difficult as getting the accommodation, more so in fact. So far all I am certain of, is that we can fill up at the services by junction 11 of the M20, just before we board the shuttle. After that, I think we are looking at somewhere close to our overnight stop in Waterloo.

I have a couple of apps on my phone, for Shell and BP but not sure whether they will work overseas. I doubt we'd see many, if any, BP stations anyway, so I may have to search for something for Esso and some of the foreign brands.

This should keep me busy over the coming weeks/months!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Woody, try this link. I used it for Spain a few years ago. And my bike is like Dudley's, only good for 150 miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot the link: http://gasmappers.com/

    ReplyDelete