Saturday 7 September 2013

Hotel Madness

So for a while there, I had three separate hotels booked for the same nights and was looking at a fourth!  I think I must be addicted to Booking.com!

Cath put me onto one along New Road in Chatham, which seems to tick all the boxes pretty much. It is cheaper than one near me and although two quid per room, per night more than the Premier Inn, comes with a full English brekkie. Not only is it closer to my place than the afore mentioned Premier Inn but is also in walking distance of Cath's but more importantly, the venue for our pre tour welcome dinner. For that I am planning to hit a Chinese 'eat as much as you like' venue. The food is all cooked to order there and the service is very good too, all for fifteen quid. If we are lucky we may get some Saturday night entertainment thrown in too. Like most of this stuff, that though is a long way off and I expect some of you are wondering why I am writing all this with 300 days still to go. You may have a point! Things will probably go fairly quiet over the winter though, so you should make sure you enjoy every morsel while you can.

I digress, I'm not finished with hotels yet.  As I booked the one in Chatham, I cancelled the expensive one near me. And then I had a thought. One of those I'd booked in Germany was quite expensive. I wondered if it might be any cheaper now. Ha,ha!  Cheaper, each room was thirty quid cheaper, so I hastily booked another four rooms and cancelled the existing booking. The Hogs will thank me for that, more money for some tasty weissbier!!

I might take a look at some of the others too, though maybe I should concentrate on something else for a while. We'll see ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Woody. You gotta look after this old pensioner here. I will concentrate on doing work on the bike over the winter months.

    ReplyDelete