Friday 4 April 2014

Hands across the water and all that!

Over the last few days I have been trying to drum up some support for my blog. I'm forever banging on about signing up to receive email updates, which a few have done. It's so much easier, to view on the go, than opening the website.

Anyway, I've also posted the link to the blog to my Route 66 and Triumph Owners groups on Facebook, looking to drum up some followers from there. And it is Facebook that has prompted this update.

Earlier I was scanning posts when by chance, I caught sight of one from a guy on the Triumph Owners group, who posted a route map for a trip he is doing to the Alps and the Stelvio Pass in Northern Italy. His '11 weeks to go' caught my eye, so I posted the blog address and a message saying that I'm off in 13 weeks. There was a comment from an Italian guy suggesting the chap should visit Lake Garda. Now following the post trail, I made it known that I was going to be visiting Lake Garda, specifically Peschiera del Garda, on our tour. Now Lake Garda is pretty large so I wasn't really expecting much to come of that but blow me if the Italian chap doesn't live just 5km from where we shall be staying. He even sent me a route map to show me.

So, after a few messages backwards and forwards between us, we have arranged to meet up on the evening we are in town, 12th July, for a few beers and to exchange biking stories, no doubt AND I now have a new friend on Facebook, Lorenzo.


Lorenzo's Route from home to Peschiera

 

No comments:

Post a Comment