Monday 7 April 2014

Hotel Panic!

Just when you think you have everything sorted and can relax for the next few months, something crops up that has you running around like a headless chicken, at least for a few minutes!

I was going through the usual early evening email check, when I opened one from my hotel in Peschiera del Garda.

"I`m writing about your booking, because during your stay the hotel will be closed for rinnovation, so I would like that your booking will be cancelled."

Are they sure? Renovating the hotel at the height of the holiday season? Smells a bit di pesce to me!

Panic ensues, as this is a very popular part of the world and we are looking to stay on 12th July, slap bang in the middle of the holiday season. Why else did I book these hotels way back in July last year? 

So, I jumped onto my favoured hotel booking provider and did a quick search for availability on 12th July. Surprisingly there were quite a few returns but I am a bit fussy. Not only do I want to be near to the town/lake, I also want a reasonable price BUT, most importantly, I want private on site parking for the bikes. The first couple I looked at, either only had double beds (NO!) or public parking, somewhere away from the hotel (defo NO!), so back to the search/map.

It wasn't long before I found what I was looking for. Within about 400m of the water, twin/triple bedded rooms, free on site parking and at a reasonable nightly rate. Sold!  In addition, it is just 140m along the same road as the one asking me to cancel, so if they aren't telling the truth, I'll be able to see straight away. I suppose I should be grateful they warned me though. When we booked in Wexford on the Reservoir Hogs Tour, that hotel shut down and nobody bothered to tell me. If it hadn't been for Grizzly's family spotting it, we would have turned up and had nowhere to stay.

Anyway, panic over. I have a bit of updating on the blog now but, I don't mind that too much.

Hotel Garden, Peschiera del Garda

And RELAX..............

2 comments:

  1. Well done Woody, so I will be able to have my pint on the lake, (almost)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you booked with booking.com I'd make a complaint to them anyway. They might be able to find out if the hotel is effing you over.

    ReplyDelete