Sunday 25 May 2014

Bits and pieces

Just a couple of things as departure gets nearer. As previously mentioned, I plan to get some new tyres fitted. I have sourced a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 4s, which I am hoping to get fitted in the week. I had MPR3s on the Bandit and they were superb. I shall also be getting a Scottoiler, though as yet, I've not decided whether to get it fitted or attempt it myself. I've read it's an easy DIY job but I figure if I pay for fitting, if something goes wrong, I have some comeback. If I screw it up myself, no comeback. That should be sorted in the next couple of weeks. Before that though, next Sunday, Biggsy and I are riding The Ride of Respect at Brize Norton. Dudley was to be on it with me, so Biggsy has taken his place. I'll be giving Dudley's bandana a run out though, in his memory. Also hoping to hook up with Dudley's son and daughter, Lewis and Suzie, for a coffee, if possible.

Back to the tour, I've managed to switch the tunnel crossing I had booked for Biggsy to the car and now Cath and I will be using it for a long weekend in France, over August bank holiday, staying at a little place called Senlis, just north of Paris and a few miles east of Chantilly.

Next on my tour agenda is to book the museum/Pisa tickets.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as Killarney is over with at this weekend, I will then concentrate on the "Tour"
    I will do a service on my bike after the weekend.
    http://www.irelandbikefest.com/?gclid=CjkKEQjwqYacBRDO-Mrk6_vr8eQBEiQAWJadfJHlGHMThOhQWbFSD33biOSF1SLb5iRr57e72NnGOizw_wcB

    ReplyDelete