Wednesday 7 May 2014

Then There Were Two

Nothing to do with Genesis but it is now official, that there will only be myself and Grizzly on the tour. Time has run out for Biggsy and we have decided to accept defeat. His house isn't even on the market yet and though I suspect he won't have much trouble selling it, I don't think there is the slightest chance that he would have moved and be holding the folding in time to set out on 6th July. He'll just have to wait fo the Scandinavian tour in 2015!

With it confirmed we are a two, I set about cancelling the excess hotel rooms, most of which were twins and going forward I can look to book tickets for some of the attractions we plan to visit, such as the Ferrari museum and Pisa's leaning tower. There's also some bits to sort out on the bike before we set off too. I'm going to need some new tyres, the current set have done over 7000 miles and have flatted, meaning they follow the road contours quite badly. I'm also contemplating getting a Scottoiler fitted, to keep the chain lubricated over the 2700 miles of the tour. Learning from experience, I didn't touch the chain when we did the Reservoir Hogs tour in 2012 and that was well and truly shagged at the end of 2200 miles, though the Scottish rain probably added to the damage. I'm not expecting any rain on this tour but you never know.

Only 60 days to go now.

1 comment:

  1. New battery fitted to mine, and a service due, when I come back from the Killarney Bike Fest.
    http://www.irelandbikefest.com/?gclid=CLGPws6smb4CFeFZ2wodSmAAhQ

    ReplyDelete