Saturday 28 June 2014

Oiler Update

Well, the oiler issue has been resolved.

Booked into Laguna for Friday, I dropped the Sprint down first thing, collecting instead a Triumph Bonneville TT100. It was agreed that they would remove the touring kit and fit the standard oiler kit instead. I would also be looking at a refund of the difference. On collection I agreed to accept a credit note for £35, as I was booking in for the 12k service at the end of July, it didn't really make sense to have the cash back on the credit card. I checked out the work and was satisfied this time that all was well. No bulky reservoir behind the number plate and unexpectedly, a new number plate. All was well with the world once more.

That was until this afternoon, when riding back from the Allied Memorial Remembrance Ride in the peeing rain, when the term waterproof no longer applied to my overtrousers. The result, one cold and wet pair of gentleman's jewels.....not pleasant. Besides the discomfort, this does leave me with the small problem of having to source a new pair of overtrousers, with now just one week to go till we set out on the tour. I'll need to take a trip down to Laguna tomorrow to see what they can offer, otherwise I may neeed to get out the superglue and attempt a self repair on the taping on the internal seams. Hopefully though, the weather will be superb for the entire 3 weeks and I won't need them. History has shown though, it rains at least once per tour!

2 comments:

  1. I said at the weekend you'll be lucky to get good weather! When we went to Czech in 2011, it pee'd down from Calais to Colditz. Luckily we were in the CC!

    ReplyDelete