Sunday 16 March 2014

Bill's Bandana and the Ride of Respect


As I mentioned in Part 4 of Dudley's Funeral, Lewis, his son, gave me Dudley's favourite bandana to take with us on the summer tour. Now, Dudley and I had planned to go on the Ride of Respect together on June 1st, his place now being taken by Biggsy, so given the nature of what is printed on the bandana, I feel it should also come with me when I go to pay my respects and do my bit for the Royal British Legion. I feel sure Dudley would have been wearing it too.

Bill's Bandana
 
It is expected that on this year's Ride of Respect up to 10,000 motorbikes will ride from RAF Abingdon in Oxfordshire through Carterton and Brize Norton, to pay their respects to the brave Service men and women killed in Service and to thank the towns for their care of our heroes and their families.

A worthy cause, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment