Monday 3 March 2014

Dudley's Funeral Pt 2

Planning complete. 

I shall work from home on Wednesday,  which will mean I can get on the road around 3pm.  I've booked a hotel just off the M6 near Warrington to break the journey.  That'll take me the best part of 4 hours and leave me 2 more and 120 miles, to do Thursday morning. 

The Sprint has had a clean and polish and fired up first prod of the button. Tyres are pumped and the chain has been adjusted. Will check the oil level,  otherwise she's good to go. 

Grizzly is getting a ferry over to Holyhead on Wednesday and riding up to Keswick in one go.  He's booked himself a triple room at the youth hostel,  probably in expectation of Keswick's pensioner crumpet flocking to his door! Thursday night he and I will share. 

Biggsy is driving up Thursday morning, so we may well see each other on the motorway.  Work commitments mean he has to be back Thursday too,  so Grizzly and I will have to drink his beers!

Dudley's Harley has had a new battery fitted and it has been fired up, so all three of the Hogs will be able to lead the funeral procession. Quite an honour.  The church isn't far from the house and I understand that the family will be walking behind the hearse. Sounds like the local bobbys will be closing the roads briefly too. 

That's all for now. 




Sent from Samsung Mobile

1 comment:

  1. Bruv you are doing a great thing for your buddy. Respect to you and the other Hogs.

    ReplyDelete